On Friday,15th March 2019 two masjids (Place of worship) in New Zealand were attacked by a 28-year-old male who live-streamed the attack on Facebook. The man filmed himself driving to the masjids he intended to attack (heavily armed), whilst on route he shot through the windows of his vehicle injuring people on sidewalks. On arrival at the place of worship, he proceeded to open fire on a man who welcomed him with peace, killing him at the doorstep of the masjid.


With no mercy, he continued to shoot at anyone in sight including a 3-year-old little boy. Anyone that showed signs of life was brutally murdered at the hands of this 28-year-old man.  Not only did he attack one masjid, but 2! Leaving dozens of individuals injured & 50 killed.

As you can see, we haven’t made mention of the killer’s name, just as New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern refuses to say his name reason being that when these kinds of things happen, the criminals are out to get famous & recognized. We will not give that to him. But rather remember those whose lives were taken at the hands of this cold-blooded murderer.

Below is some insight on the martyrs that will forever be remembered:

  • Lalik Abdul Hamid










57, originally from Indonesia, Lalik had been an aircraft maintenance engineer with Air New Zealand for 16 years, the company’s chief executive, Christopher Luxon, said in a statement.

“He first got to know the team even earlier when he worked with our aircraft engineers in a previous role overseas,” Mr Luxon said. “The friendships he made at that time led him to apply for a role in Air New Zealand and make the move to Christchurch.”

Mr Hamid is survived by his wife and two children, Mr Luxon said. On Facebook, one of Mr Hamid’s friends called him “a man with a gold heart who always opened his heart and home to everyone.”

  • Haji Daoud al-Nabi









71, arrived in New Zealand from Afghanistan about 30 years ago and was a central figure in Christchurch’s small Afghan community. He was a leader who welcomed everyone, his son Yama al-Nabi said.

His son was running 10 minutes late for Friday Prayers, along with his 8-year-old daughter, when they came upon a police cordon. The younger Mr Nabi’s hands trembled as he held up his mobile phone to show a picture of his father with his daughter in the mosque on a different day.

“I thought I’d make it to the prayers. When I got there, the police were there. I was running and a guy said there was shooting in the mosque,” Yama al-Nabi said. He knew his father was inside, but news of his death only came hours later.

  • Husna Ahmed









Aged 47, led a number of women and children to safety after the shooting at Al Noor mosque began, said Farid Ahmad, her husband. Mr Ahmad, who is in a wheelchair, said she was killed when she returned to the mosque to check on him.

“She was busy with saving lives, forgetting about herself,” said Mr Ahmad, 59.

Mr Ahmad said he had forgiven the gunman and believed that good would eventually come from the killing. “This is what Islam taught me,” he said.

“What he did was a wrong thing, but I would tell him that inside him, he has great potential to be a generous person, to be a kind person, to be a person who would save people, save humanity rather than destroying them,” Mr Ahmad said. “I hope and I pray for him that he would be a great saviour one day. I don’t have any grudge.”

  • Linda Armstrong









Linda was 64 years old, & was a third-generation New Zealander who grew up in Auckland and converted to Islam in her 50s, her nephew Kyron Gosse said.

“Linda had a huge heart and what little she had, she was more than happy to share with her family and Muslim community,” Mr Gosse wrote in a tribute to his aunt on Facebook. “She would tell me stories about Ramadan when all the families would come together at the mosque sharing homemade meals and having a feast, laughing and chatting.”

  • Hamza Mustafa







Aged 16, Hamza called his mother when the shooting began at Al Noor mosque.

“He said ‘Mum, there’s someone come into the mosque and he’s shooting us,’” Salwa Mustafa said. “I called ‘Hamza, Hamza,’ and I can hear his little voice and after that it was quiet.”

Hamza Mustafa attended Cashmere High School, as did Sayyad Milne, another teenager killed in the attack.

  • Mucad Ibrahim









Three-year-old Mucad Ibrahim is the youngest person confirmed to have been killed in the attacks. He was at Al Noor mosque and became separated from his brother and father when the shooting began.

“He was a Muslim-born kid who was full of energy, love and happiness,” his family said in a statement. “He is remembered in our community as a young boy who emanated nothing but the representation of God’s love, peace and mercy.”

“Will miss you dearly brother,” Mucad’s brother Abdi Ibrahim wrote on Facebook.

Mucad was wearing a white thobe and his favourite white hat on Friday, “and so returned to His Lord in a state of pure innocence and spiritual beauty,” the family’s statement said.

The family said they had taken solace from a global outpouring of support. “Knowing that New Zealand and the whole world stands behind our boy reassures us that violence and racism are unwelcome in our world,” they said.